What is a Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP)?
A PSP is a skilled planning and scheduling professional with advanced experience in project planning, and developing, monitoring, updating, forecasting and analyzing integrated project schedules. The PSP leads the planning and scheduling process within the AACE International Total Cost Management (TCM) framework. A PSP is able to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders, both internal and external.
PSP certification will distinguish you as a professional that has skills and knowledge that is benchmarked with international project planning and scheduling practices.
The Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification was established in 2004 and is independently accredited by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) since 2007.
AACE certification distinguishes cost and management professionals who have the knowledge and skills to impact the bottom line.
Why attend this course?
What this course provides
In addition to helping you prepare for PSP certification, this course will also provide you with a comprehensive understanding of skills and knowledge based upon AACE International body of knowledge in the field of Planning and Scheduling. The course is based upon Skills and Knowledge for Cost Engineering 6th edition by AACE International.
Top 10 Reasons to Earn AACE Certification
1. ...Grants your professional credentials by providing an impartial endorsement of your knowledge and expertise.
2. ...Shows your professional commitment and ability to perform to your peers, supervisors, and clients.
3. ...Results in greater recognition from peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
4. ...Enhances your professional image by developing certified professionals who stand out as examples of excellence.
5. ...Reflects your personal achievement of proving excellence in your field and meeting industry standards and requirements.
6. ...Can improve career opportunities by giving you the “edge” when being considered for a promotion or other opportunities.
7. ...May provide for greater earnings potential through salary and wage increases based on your certification status.
8. ...Improves your skills and knowledge through training, study, and “keeping up” with the industry via the recertification requirements.
9. ...Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities by proving that you have invested in your own professional development.
10. ...Enriches self-esteem by allowing you to distinguish yourself beyond your job title or academic degree.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended both for those who are interested in becoming a certified planning and scheduling claims professional, as well as for those professionals who want to augment or brush up their planning and scheduling skills and knowledge.
Potential course audience would be Planners, schedulers, cost engineers, contract administrators, project managers, project control professionals and all those professionals who are associated with project planning and scheduling.
Course Delivery Format
This course is delivered through face to face training to facilitate the student-to-student interaction and student-to-trainer discussions and knowledge sharing.
*This course will be held subject to the number of registrants
Laurie Bowman PSP CCP EVP DRMP
Principal at Synchrony
Laurie Bowman is a member of the ACES/AACE committee; he has authored many papers and presented at various AACE events. He works as the Principal at Synchrony and has been volunteering for AACE from many years. Laurie is highly experienced in planning and scheduling, cost engineering, earned value management and risk analysis.
Steven Bird - ACES NSW