Rottnest Island Lighthouse and Signal Station, Bathurst Point, 1848 to 1896-
The first lighthouse commenced construction in 1842 and was lit in June 1851.
A second lugthouse was commenced in March 1895 and lit in March 1896. The original lighthouse was then demolished.
The lighthouse was electrified ibn 1952 and is now fully automatic in operation.
The site has also been used at various times for pilotage, signalling and the combined military command and battery observation post during World War II.
- HEM: Historic Engineering Marker (to 2008)