News article written by Corbett Communications. The statements made or opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Engineers Australia.
An outstanding line-up of speakers will be featured in a two-day workshop by the EMC Society of Australia in September, featuring short and long presentations from experts in the industry and academia. Workshops will be held in Melbourne and Canberra.
The speakers include:
- Scott Piper, IEEE EMC Society Distinguished Lecturer - EMC Modelling and Simulation
- Dr Bill Radasky, HEMP and IEMI expert
- Martin Wiles - EMC Test Systems for Military and Commercial Standards
- Mark Mifsud – A review of MIL-STD 461G
- Derek Ocias (Canberra only) – A simplified approach to assessing power frequency magnetic fields from in-building electrical installations
- Tara Lei-Mitchell - EMC Anechoic Chambers including GTEMS.
Full biographies of the speakers are on the EMC Society of Australia Workshop 2016 website.
ITEE College members are invited to participate as presenters, exhibitors or delegates. Presentations are generally 45 minutes long which enables more in depth presentation material. The workshop format is interactive where delegate participation is encouraged. All delegates receive a workshop program and USB drive with presentations.
The two-day workshop includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. On Tuesday, 13 September in Melbourne, there will be a Table Top trade show held in a room adjacent to the presentations. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be served in the trade show area so exhibitors may display their products and network with delegates throughout the day.
Monday, 12 September 2016 – half-day workshop with Dr Bill Radasky
Tuesday, 13 September 2016 - all day presentations
Location: RACV City Club, 501 Bourke St, Melbourne
Thursday, 15 September - presentations all day
Friday, 16 September – half-day workshop with Dr Bill Radasky
Location: Dialogue Conference Centre, 4 National Circuit, Barton
Enquiries: [email protected]