For the first time, the World Engineers Convention (WEC) will be hosted on Australian shores, in November next year in Melbourne. Known as the ‘Olympics of Engineering’ this quadrennial international convention attracts participants from more than 70 countries, bringing together some of the greatest engineering minds from around the globe.
Focusing on Engineering a sustainable world: The next 100 years, WEC 2019 provides the opportunity for engineers, innovators, entrepreneurs, futurists and designers to showcase their work in creating sustainable engineering solutions on a global stage. Call for abstracts is now open for technical or industry presentations, that must align with one of the key themes:
- How new technology and innovations are reshaping engineering
- Engineering for humanity: Responsive design for greater liveability
- Fostering diversity and inclusion
- Preparing the next generation of engineers
- Engineering leadership, governance and influence
- Our changing climate: Mitigation, resilience and adaptation
The program themes align with the 17 United Nationals Sustainable Development Goals, which address many global challenges including poverty, inequality and climate action. This is a unique opportunity to take an integrated approach to help solve these global challenges to achieve a more sustainable future for all.
Benefits of presenting at WEC 2019
Presenting at WEC carries with it a number of benefits, both personal and professional, including:
- professional recognition of your work;
- opportunity to present in front of some of the world’s greatest engineering minds;
- networking with world-renowned engineers and like-minded professionals;
- advancing the knowledge of the next generation of engineers;
- giving back to the engineering community; and
- helping explore issues affecting societies in both developed and developing nations.
WEC 2019 Call for Abstracts close 18 January 2019. Visit WEC2019.ORG.AU to submit an abstract or find out more.